06 February 2010

Thoughts on My Trip to Haiti

"Don't go to Haiti! Unless you have a search and rescue or medical background, your only going to be in the way." I have heard this said in one way or another for weeks now. People who know more about what's going on are telling me to stay home. "You'll only be a hindrance." This is what one person said. So, what should I do?

I believe very strongly that I can, and will, have a huge impact in Haiti. Why? Because I know when God wants me to do something, and I know He wants me to do this. Thank God the Bible says that we aren't to walk by what we see, but by faith. I know this is the right thing to do.

I know that many people have made some huge mistakes recently in Haiti, especially when it comes to the children and the orphanages. I realize that, with good intentions, some have made mistakes that have put them in legal situations. It proves that heart intention doesn't always equal good results. So, as I prepare to go to Haiti in just a few short weeks, I am, to say the least, a little nervous.

At this point I have not been able to nail down any solid connections. I have to trust God in this and make plans anyway, knowing that I could very well end up alone in a foreign country. I have to prepare for the craziest, knowing that in the end, God will show up big and amazing things will happen. A huge part of living by faith is just trusting that God can do it. I think so often this is overlooked by those of us you walk our lives by faith. Sure, we trust God, but human nature takes over and we want physical proof before we act. I am guilty of it as much as anyone. For me to really walk out this faith thing I have to trust God on ALL levels. I have to know that He is who He says He is and that He can do what He says He can do.

So, in closing Haiti looks like this. 1) I have no solid connections, YET! 2) I don't have all the finances to go, YET! 3) I don't have a travel partner, YET!. 4) I don't know what God has in store for this trip, YET! What I do know is that people in Haiti need the love of Jesus. They need a hope bigger than they can see and God is able to make all grace abound toward the people of Haiti. He just needs those who are willing to be His hands and feet.

With all that said, I am still going. I am still going to make a difference and I am still absolutely, with out a doubt sure that this is God's plan for me. I will find an organization to work with, which may happen today, or may not happen until I am in country. Either way it is on me to make the next move and I am willing to do it without knowing the next step.

Isaiah 6:8 "Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: 'Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?' Then I said, 'Here am I! Send me.'"

What are you willing to do for God without knowing the next step? Are you willing to go? Will you do it even if He doesn't tell you the next step until your foot hits the ground.

If you would like to help us go to Haiti you can click the DONATE button below



Online donations are NOT tax deductible at this time!
For more info or for a tax deductible donation please visit the RSUM page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding God In America's Blog