28 December 2009

The Worst Best Gift Ever

Now that Christmas is gone many of us look through our stack of gifts and can't help but have a favorite. I received some cool stuff this year, including an electric coffee cup, which is pretty cool considering how much time I spend on the road drinking cold coffee. Those days are over forever. Another great gift...cash money. I love cash money. It has a way of just making me feel all happy inside. The best gift this year, however, had to be the Itunes gift cards. These puppies are invaluable to me. I can't put into words what it's like to open an envelope and see the glorious, bold Itunes logo on a gift card. Over the past couple years I have become quite a fan of buying movies, music, and TV shows through Itunes. I spend more time than I'd like to admit shopping through the Itunes online store picking out my next big purchase knowing Christmas was coming and there was a good chance I would get another batch of these little chunks of plastic heaven. I already had my next big purchase planned. It was Chuck season two, arguably the best show on TV. So the first thing I did when I saw my gift cards was to unpack my not-so-portable computer, hook it up to the internet, and start down loading. I downloaded most of the night away, spending the gift cards in a matter of a few minutes. As soon as an episode was complete I started watching...and watching...and watching...and watching. I watched every episode in three days time. Three days! How insane! Sitting on the tale end of a TV show marathon binge and feeling the withdrawal affects I can safely say that was the worst way to spend three days. Now my mind can't get focused. I can't think in reality, only in fiction. My mind is so overwhelmed with thoughts of 22 episodes of pure entertainment bliss. My productivity is non existent. I sit in my world of withdrawal now knowing that the best Christmas gift made for the worst productive three days of my life. Although I am grateful for the gift, I think I could use a good class/seminar/rehab on moderation and self control. Just when I think I have it all together worst best gift ever!

What was your best gift? Have you ever received a gift that has completely kept you preoccupied for hours, days, or even weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding God In America's Blog