20 January 2010

Help Send Us To Haiti

OK, so here's the deal, I need your help. After the earthquake in Haiti I was able to come to terms with the fact that it was just not reasonable, or possible for me to go. Any emotion I felt I shrugged off as just that, emotion. The more I watched the news as time went on, the more I knew I was suppose to be there. Big problem! No passport! Problem solved. My renewal is in the mail as I type. Next problem- I don't have a single connection in Haiti. I am currently working on this problem, and because of my "Big problem" I have a little time to put the connection together. Next problem- finances! This could be in the "Big Problem" category as well. I have been researching plane tickets and they run anywhere from $650-$1100.  This is where you come in. You can help in a big way. To the right of this blog there is a "DONATE" button, click it to give an online donation. DISCLAIMER- there are currently no tax receipt option through online giving at this time. If you want a tax receipt you need to go to the Right Side Up Ministries website. You will see an address, as well as instruction about who to write the check out to, etc.

If you have it in your heart to help send RSUM on this trip, now is your chance. The estimated cost is $3,000.00 per person and I want to put a 2-5 person team together. If you do the math you will find that comes out to $6,000.00- $15,000.00. This is the biggest task I have taken on to this point. I know it can be done, but I need you help! Without your help this trip is not possible. I know times are tight for many of you right now, so if you can't give I am asking you to tell your friends. Get people you know involved! Direct them to this site, or to the RSUM site! You can also direct them to the RSUM Fan page on Facebook or our Twitter page. There are so many people in need in Haiti right now and I know we can make a difference. Thank you in advance for all your help.

If you may be interested in going to Haiti please email me Scott@rightsideupministries.org. Keep in mind, this is not a comfort zone trip. Be prepared to do the unimaginable and unthinkable. Nobody know what the next few weeks has in store for Haiti, so we could be walking into just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding God In America's Blog